Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Let your attention come fully into the present, so that the Real can displace the unreal. (Raj)
- (Added by: Stefanie Finn)

Disillusionment, the end of illusions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

roxana
Posted 2020-01-13 2:20 PM (#233725)
Subject: Disillusionment, the end of illusions

The events of this morning brought me to consider disillusionment.   I thought that I was disillusioned when some tears starting cropping up.  But when i noticed how deep my disappointment,  I wondered what i was really feeling, what I was being disappointed about. 

My happy dream is coming to an end, that's it.  So then I realized i stood at the threshold of believing that all of life was a fantastic  illusion, including the goodness that made it possible to endure the disappointments.  That was the option available.

I remembered O'Neil's last sharing and how deep his disappointment.  I remembered Paul and Susan and the idea of having a place where others could come for healing if they wanted and how difficult that is turning out, in my mind at least.  I looked into the cold of the day and felt compassion for the animals that live outside.  I saw a large bird and remembered the stress I felt when watching the playing out of the belief that they need to kill in order to survive or feed their young. 

My thoughts turned to Mom and how I could not, would not say that She was /is an illusion too.  I remembered Raj saying that in being with him we'd be safe while the storm played itself out, 'out there'. 

Now I'm remembering the kids and how their eyes well up with tears when they are disappointed, and how, I, watching, understand that their disappointment is a temporary lack of vision/understanding.   

So!  By God, help my mind expand, give my soul rest while I await Your Perfect unfolding of Truth.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software